Friday, February 10, 2012

Algorithms for Image Analysis

My intention is to post my technical paper that spun off from my Masters Thesis Project on my web blog here, but my paper is literally hardcopy on paper. I will have to scan it as a PDF and convert to text using OCR using an automated process mind you, but it will take some time.

COMPARISON of DATA FUSION TECHNIQUES:
IHS AND MULTIRESOLUTION WAVELET DECOMPOSITION.


ABSTRACT

A new algorithm for data fusion of satellite imagery using wavelet analysis. Data fusion is a very useful technique to maximize the resolution of spatial and spectral information in multi-sensor satellite imagery. In remote sensing application there is a trade-off between the two. The objective - to compare two commercially available algorithms such as the Intensity-Hue-Saturation (I.H.S) and Brovey-Sharpening merged-image results, with my own algorithm using Multi-resolution Wavelet Decomposition (M.W.D) data fusion on recent satellite imagery. M.W.D was completed using the Maximum Fusion Rule and also Pyramidal Substitution, which the results proved superior.

No comments:

Post a Comment